Several open positions - project SERENADE
Three vacancies within project SERENADE
SERENADE is an Industrial Training Network (ITN) funded by the EU under their competitive HORIZON-MSCA-DN-2021 (Marie Skłodowska-Curie Doctoral Networks) program under Grant Agreement No. 101072846
The SERENADE project involves a consortium of 5 leading European companies from Spain, Germany, Italy, and Belgium, along with 5 research universities. The consortium intends to train 7 Ph.D. researchers in building smart sustainable solutions targeting the reduction of food waste at the end of the food supply chain. These 7 multidisciplinary Ph.D. projects are grouped according to three pillars: food, sensors, and materials technologies.
The Lab for Measurement Technology supervises
- DC3 “Optimization of MOS sensor performance using temperature cycled/modulated operation to evaluate the state of food decay (and forecast edibility) with artificial intelligence”
Partner: BSH in Spain
- DC4 “Coupling of MOS sensors with a chromatographic column: Design, installation, exploring new operations and classification”
Partner: 3S GmbH, Germany
- DC5 “Innovative excitation schemes for accurate food state and freshness detection using semiconducting metal oxide sensors in combination with AI methods”
Partner: Bosch Sensortec, Germany
The target start date for the first positions will be in October 2023. DCs will be employed full-time and based at one of 5 host companies for 18 months and at one of 4 host universities for another 18 months.
They will also spend up to 5-months on secondment at partner organizations, thereby ensuring that all DCs will spend time in both academia and industry and at least two different countries.
In case you are interested to apply to one or more vacancies, please send the following information to
- A motivation letter expressing your interest in the project and your contribution
- Your personal Curriculum Vitae
- Details about your place of residence during the 36 months prior to October 2023
- Your preference, if any, for specific vacancies
Further information can be found on the project homepage
For further questions. Please contact:
Dr. Christian Bur
Lehrstuhl für Messtechnik
Tel.: 0681 302-2256