2nd International Conference on Societal Automation, Funchal/PT, 7.-9.10.2020
2nd International Conference on Societal Automation
Funchal, Portugal, 7-9 October 2020
(paper submission deadline April 12, 2020)
The second edition of the Conference on Societal Automation will attempt to look in a holistic way at the Societal Automation domain in order to try to determine what solutions, technologies, architectural frameworks, and design tools are going to be needed in the design, development and deployment of future human-centered life-quality improving solutions and systems such as Cities of the Future, as well as economic aspects of innovation and new technology development.
Please take a look at Track T5: Sensors in Societal Automation:
- Joerg Gebhardt, ABB Corporate Research, Germany
- Tizian Schneider, Saarland University and ZEMA gGmbH, Germany
Sensor topics include the following:
- Unconventional Sensing - Non-invasive and remote sensing; Pervasive sensing; model-based and soft sensing; Novel components; Innovative applications and deployment experiences; System modeling, simulation, measurements, and analysis.
- Sensor Networks - Devices and architectures for networked sensing; Network and system architectures and protocols; Network health monitoring, management, and accuracy considerations; Synchronization; Sensor tasking, control, and actuation.
- Sensors for Digitization - Energy harvested systems; Transparent plants/factories and privacy; Influence factors from and impact on workforce and labor; Detection, classification, tracking, reasoning, and decision making; Sensors for condition monitoring, self-diagnostics and self-healing systems, instrument - overlapping diagnostics; sensors and plant autonomy.
- Signal Processing - (distributed) signal processing; Fusion of sensor information; Sensing and artificial intelligence; Sensor data processing, mining, and machine learning; Metrology, in particular uncertainty analysis of sensor fusion and machine learning results.